Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pelicans anyone?

Sheri asked for a page layout for next weeks Art bar and this is what I came up with. I wanted to teach everyone how to dress up a simple cricut title cut and personalize it and make it pop.


For the title I cut out the word beach and it had a Pelican attached to it. If you use the layers function and cut the Pelican parts in the same size you can add the details in with markers and cream metallic chalks. I simple black brad becomes the eye and adds definition. I cut all the layers out of the same "pebble" colored Bazzill cardstock but after chalking they look very different.


I needed to flip this shape to have him look into the layout and then flip the layers too. Same principles to add the details. The wing definition is a cut I used a black marker on to make dark. If I had been smart I would have used the Cricut markers before I made my cuts but I didn't, so I did it after, freehand.


I think it turned out cute and so simple. If you've enjoyed this post and would like to make this project for free, visit the Scrapbook Zone on Tuesday June 23. The Art Bar is open from 2-4 and 6-8.

No comments: