Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sketch Challenges galore

Hello everyone! Today was the BIG Snow storm of 2010. Ohhh look out. We received about 9" of the fluffy white stuff. Enough to give us a snow day and in my house that means everyone is home. Both my husband and our Niece that lives with us teach so they were jumping for joy with the news. And then my boss called and said I didn't need to come in either. Yipee! A free day.

I've decided to start doing some sketch challenges in an attempt to scrap my own photos and get some personal pages done in 2010. The wonderful girls on my message board post 6 different challenges twice a month. If your needing some inspiration come join us. Scrap Sisters Studios is a wonderful group of crafters. Here is the Feb 1st Sketch challenge. It is a sketch from PageMaps.

Here is my take on it. I chose pictures of my "Jacob Black Obsessed" Niece as my theme and ended up with this wolf inspired page. The pattern paper is from Close to My Heart. Something I had in my stash from yrs ago.

I found a wonderful paper piecing pattern for my wolf over at Precious Piecings.
I added some marker detail and Smooch to trick him out.

I capped my layout off with a flourish I had in my stash that I painted with brown Smooch. It has a really nice shimmer to it. The whole layout, including printing the pictures took me about an hour. I used my Cricut to cut the circles and title.

Life is good when a layout comes together quickly. Thought I'd blog this one real quick and maybe after dinner I'll make another.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: