Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hollywood!

In February I took my son and a friend to visit my adopted Daughter, Missy, in California. We had a trip to Disney planned and decided right before we went to take a trip to Hollywood. It was only a short drive and I wanted to see the Hollywood sign and the Walk of Fame. I pulled my sketch from the Sketchabilities blog and I was off.

Now if you know me at all, you know I never use pattern paper as my background. Well guess what? Heaven has opened up and I use Basic Grey pattern paper for my background. It's a Miracle! ha ha ha.

On this one page layout there is one main photo and 6 supporting photos. That's a lot of pictures on a one page spread. But it works and what makes it work is size. When you first look at it, your eye automatically goes to the BIG photo first and then travels left the the medium size shot and then right into the line of small photos.

I kept my title in proportion with the smaller photos but pop dotted it for depth. Come on I couldn't do a layout and not pop dot something. The floral embellishments are subtle and in the background. The photos are the definite focal point of this layout.

Go out and try a sketch today!

No comments: