Monday, April 20, 2009

Escape



Yep the beach was grand. Our drive down went smoothly and we arrived to sunshine and blue skies. It was s nice to be paying $65 or less for a tank of gas. Last year a fill up was costing us $150, ouch. Quiet the savings this year.

Dinner the first night found us at "Live Bait". It's got great sea food and ice cold Corona Lights. We sure needed them. Especially Sue, check out the face in the background. Now if she wasn't in desperate need, I don't know who was.



I saved the latest Dana Stabenow book for my Gulf side reading enjoyment. "Whisper to the Blood" was the latest in the Kate Shugak series. Absolutely loved it! I can't wait to reread it.



Well I had my toes in the sand all week and have the tan to prove it. We came home a day early. When you wake up to 20 mile per hour winds and 35-40 mph gusts, it's not a good sign for a beachy day. So rather then sit in the trailer all day we packed it up and headed home. The extra day there was welcome. I only did 8 loads of laundry. Oh well you have a pay the price for a great vacation.



Closing thoughts: Beware when biking of signs that read "Alligator Habitat".

No comments: