Saturday, March 27, 2010

EGGstra Special!

I don't know about you but sometimes you just need a little Easter cuteness to make you smile. This layout came together easily. I found a great Egg on the Designers Calendar cartridge added a simple curvy border and a "Make Me Smile" bunny. This layout is truly "Eggstra Special".

The Font for the title is Called Crazy Harold. It welded very nicely but for some reason wouldn't shadow, I've had that happen with a few True Type fonts. So instead I added extra detail with a white gel pen.



The Eggs are Bo Bunny dotted pattern paper, except the purple one it's Coordinations Cardstock. I forget what the patten paper brand was, sorry. It was the inspiration for all the color choices. I also inked all the egg edges along with the grass curves.

Ahh the little bunny. He's made from Bazzill Swirls cardstock and pink Bo Bunny dotted paper. All his edges were inked for dimension. I also pop dotted his hands. His blue egg matches the title color and was given definition with a white gel pen. The paper piecing pattern is from "My Scrapchick" and cut with my Cricut using the SCAL program.

This fun Easter layout will hold 6 photos. And was an absolute blast to create. I hope it inspires you to create a little "Eggstra Special" layout of your own.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooh - this is so cute! I don't have this cut from my scrap chick but I love their stuff. I may have to check it out. TFS!!

Mya M said...

Very creative postt