Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday challenge- Doggie Doggie

Happy Monday! Well OK maybe not, so how about a challenge to get you going this week. Over on the Little Scraps of Heaven Design Team Blog we have a new challenge posted. We all did our own layouts this week and the challenge is for you to scraplift one of us. Once you've done your layout, come back link it up to the blog or post it in the Facebook Fan page. Just remember you have to include a LSHD paper piecing.

This is what I did this week.


I was inspired by this sketch over at Scrapbook & Cards Today.


I used the Doggie Doggie collection from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.


This is the top half of the layout-


And the bottom half-


(Notice I forgot to add the small photo, oops. So I quickly printed the ones off I wanted to use and stuck them on there.) I did do some hand stitching on this layout. The original sketch shows stitching and I debated if I wanted to do some. The layout looked naked without it. If you are looking for a tutorial on hand stitching I'm going to refer you to Kinsey Wilson. She does amazing work, her hand stitching it Top Shelf. You can find her stitching information here. Her main blog is called Kinseygirl and you'll find some truly inspiring pages there.

I hope your Monday goes well.

Cindy

No comments: