Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Todays project.



There are some really wonderful resources on the internet and I have taught a couple Cricut Classes at the Zone. So upon reflecting on the needs of our customers, I've decided to present to Kelly this idea. I found it on the Cricut message board. It's a class binder with the handouts inside. And every time they take a class they get the class notes and the cartridge handbooks. So say they take Cricut Basic, they'll get an 8-10 page handout to use as a reference guide and the handbook for "George and Basic Shapes" inside a BUG ZONE binder.. The handbook shows all the key pad functions for each individual key. Makes it really nice when your trying to find a shape/letter or title to use.

I've modeled it after Tammy Skinner's class. She lives in Frisco Texas, so I don't think she'll be coming to Michigan anytime soon to teach a class at the Zone. She calls hers the Creative Critters Cricut Club. I can't take credit for the idea, it was Tammy's but the content of our classes is mine and Katie's. I thought our book title was kind of catchy "The Bug Zone". We are the Scrapbook Zone after all. Kelly loved the idea and it's a go. So very soon if you take a Cricut class at the Zone you'll receive a "Bug Zone" binder and handouts.

We've discussed the need to make this binder available to our previous class attendees. So be on the lookout for a SALE on these beauties. I just love the Purple-Green colors on the cover. And you'll be able to personalize it with tabs marking your favorite sections. Or redo the cover to suit your own needs.

The other thing I worked on today was my plan for the journaling tag swap I'm in over at AMR. I decided to purchase this stamp set from Hampton Arts. They have some wonderful products and I really like this set. It will work out perfectly for what I have in mind. I need to get these done and in the mail by Thursday. Shouldn't take long I just need to sit down and do it.



As busy as last week was this week looks to be nice and slow. Just Brendan's sporting events and 2 nights at the Zone. Yeah! One shift down, one to go. I'll post the journaling tags when I finish them.

No comments: