Monday, September 7, 2009

Beware escaped Monkey's

Well it was a rough weekend. I worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I just had to treat myself. Yep I couldn't resist. The price was right and they were in stock. So Friday night after work I took myself to Micheal's and bought the new Every Day Paper Dolls cartridge for my Cricut. Took it out to show Katie when we got to work on Saturday and then we just had to play with it.

So we started with some Reminisce jungle print paper, added some cardstock, cut it all up and then.....


Added a herd of Elephants, a few Giraffes, we let the monkeys escape but the Zoo Keepers rounded them up again. We embellished all the pieces: some with Stickles, some with metallic creme chalks, and some with ink and markers. Let the fun begin.


We created this really cute Zoo layout. Pop dotted a few elements for added depth and took a good look to see if it was done. It was missing something. Now I see it. The figures look like they are floating. So we added grass to ground them. Yes much better.


We built 6 of these layouts. Every customer that passed through the store on Sunday commented on them. I probably could have sold all 6 if I'd had them done and priced. Told them all they'd have to wait till Tuesday. Sorry. We might end up making more of these little cuties.

No comments: