Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Milkcartons and Carrier

I'd like to start this post by thanking Cindy Cassell from the Cricut Message Board for sharing her design. She made this file for the Cricut Design Studio using the George cartridge. You can find the file here.

And this is what I played with yesterday and today.


This was my test cut. I found some old stack cardstock from JoAnn's and loaded the Cricut. I wouldn't recommend this paper for this project. It's brittle and when scored and folded tended to tear. But for a test project it was fine. I'd also recommend some really sticky tape to hold the sides together. Tombo mono adhesive didn't quite cut the mustard.

I wanted to make a Christmas one to showcase in our Cricut Christmas Class. I'll direct people to Cindy's blog to get the file but see what creative things you can make with your Cricut.


I adapted the file by adding the window on the front. I use a piece of plastic I cut off my new Cricut cartridge packaging to make the window and now when I fill it with candy it won't fall out.

I used my stash to make this project. The paper is Basic Grey from an old line I'd bought in a pack on clearance. It had two of each paper, so two styles of cartons. I even had cardstock to match. I used a Christmas sentiment set (Art Warehouse) I'd bought at the Scrapbook Zone last winter to finish of my tags. I can't thank Cindy enough for sharing her file. She even supplied the scallop tags in two sizes.

I know I'll be making a bunch of Christmas things this year with my Cricut, how about you?