Friday, September 18, 2009

Giving Thanks!

This layout is for my "Explore the Bug Zone" class at The Scrapbook Zone. In October we will be playing with the Paper Doll Dressup cartridge. It has so many fun images on it I've had a ball being creative. This is the second item I've created using it, the first is still under construction and when you see it you'll know why. I'll get it finished next week and show tid-bits of it.

This layout I'm calling "Thanks". It showcases the cute little Indians featured on this cartridge. I decided to play with all the Indian images and create a little scene. The strip of patterned paper is where you would put your photos.

The little Indians were fun to make but a lot of piecing involved. This was a great way to use my scraps. I just had to buy the pattern paper and the 12x12 cardstock background. It's all about the embellishing here. The more detail you put into the characters the better they look.

I cut the headdress twice to get both colors and then just cut one apart and inked the edges. I added detail with a brown marker. On the girl I used a white gel pen on her dress and shoes. She is also pop dotted to make it look like she's standing in front of him. I added a little Stickles on the pots and pop dotted the front one.

For the Tee Pee I cut it twice and cut one apart to add the red middle section. When putting it on the layout I pop dotted the door sides to make it look 3-D. I hide the turkey behind the corn, he's afraid of being dinner. The corn still needs some yellow Stickles but I didn't have any and I had already been to The Zone today, so it will have to wait till Monday.

I might still add a little shadowing on the ground so the images don't look like they are floating. But over all I'm very pleased with how this turned out. For complete instructions you'll have to visit The Scrapbook Zone and take the class.

No comments: