Monday, January 19, 2009

A Chair with a View!



This chair was my inspiration all weekend. I just couldn't get over how comfortable it looked, with a soft blanket of snow cushioning it. The chairs we sat on all weekend, Thursday to Sunday, were just hard metal folding chairs. Ouch! It may take days for my butt to recover. Had I known I would have taken a cushion. I want to go back and crop there again when the sun is shinning and I can relax in this Adirondack chair and gaze at the lake below.

We cropped at Somerset Beach Campground near Jackson Michigan. It was wonderful. Had we not had sub-zero temps it would have made walking down for meals no big deal. But with windchill's around -20 we bundled up and walked, or warmed up the car as some of the girls did and drove. I rode twice. Once because I had my laptop (carried it on the walk back) and once because I froze my forehead on the walk back after lunch and had a headache the rest of the day.







We really had a great time. And truthfully the snow didn't dampen our spirits until we had to drive home. It took me about 2 hrs to make a 1 hr 15 min trip. I saw at least 35 cars off in the ditch or turned around facing the wrong direction. Driving was made even more hazardous by people that insisted on driving above the speed limit. But alas there is justice in this world. One guy from out of state who flew by ended up in the ditch about 5 miles up the road. And yes I did point my finger at him and LAUGH loudly.

I made it home safely and this is what greeted me:



Be sure to go check out AMR's new Royal Challenge Blog. It's going to be so much fun. Who will be the first Princesses and who will be Queen? We also have new daily challenges over on the message board. So much fun so little time.

2 comments:

angie worthington said...

cute dog!...sounds like you fun, but cold weekend!....

i LOVE your blog template!!!...

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr...I'm cold seeing all that snow but it looks like a wonderful place for a crop and to hang out with friends. It was fun to see more of your work (which is beautiful!) and get a peek into your life. Stay warm...and safe on those snowy roads. Brenda